Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Winter Headwear x

One of my most favorite things about winter is starting to be able to rug up a bit more, throw on some layers and warm my hands with my Latte clutched in the palms of my hands.
So time to go over some trends for Winter in the head wear department.

You know I love a good staple and I am sure a great beanie and matching scarf should be in every person's winter closet. So many colors and so many kinds of knits to explore. And don't forget what a great Fall project it can make, so get out your knitting sticks and have some fun with it. (Disclosure: not yarn creative myself, but surely wish I was).

Next up is turning the summer Fedora into more of an appropriate hat for your winter wardrobe, same shape but in a black felt. You could totally bling out this basic base out with some ribbon color of choice, even add a feather, get a bit creative with your glue gun!
Brim Hat in Wool
www.hm.com

Another trend for Winter are Faux Fur Hats. You know I am always pro-Faux Fur.

Unreal Fur Womens Natasha Hat $74
www.coggles.com


Top Shop Faux Fur Trapper Hat $52
www.nordstrom.com
I purchased this knitted headband about 5 years ago back in New York days, I think it was from a stall at some Manhattan markets one sunny winter's day. Love it as it's taken me to California now and I can still wear it even though it doesn't get nearly as cold as the East Coast. I have found a similar one on Etsy, details below.
Flower Power Headband. Found on Etsy for $22 by SchoolSpiritKnits.
www.etsy.com
The Snood is another Fall 2014 trend and it looks super comfortable and I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I love this one I found on Etsy, it is current.
Wheatfield Knitwear  Knitted Snood $36.53
www.etsy.com
I am going to be attending the annual Melbourne Cup Event that I co-host in the Bay Area and as you know, when it comes to the races, a fabulous hat is mandatory. Since it's getting cold, this year I am opting for a floppy woollen hat that I will be blinging out with a gorgeous floppy unreal flower in a cream color. Stay watching for that post.....  But for now, here is a sneaky peak of the hat I will be wearing. (It will be 8pm in the dark of night, California time when it's sunny skies in Melbourne at time of race)



On a final note, my lovely Canadian crew here in sunny California have requested I not leave out the Tuque which is a knit hat in Canadian English.  Cheers to you Canada!
So there you have it my friends,  so many wonderful warm head wear suggestions to keep your noggin's heated and looking fabulous.
As always, keep on styling and let me know your thoughts in the comments below.


*Disclosure: I am not a trained photographer nor trained in how to pose for photos, I am just a Mum trying to share some insights and inspiration with you. In being truly authentic to my cause, I have used my own clothes and used myself in the photos whole-heartedly. Enjoy!






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!