Friday, November 21, 2014

Review - Burt's Bees Lip Crayon x

I had been hearing great things about Burt's Bees Lip Crayon and was ready to give it a try for myself. As you know, I am a lipstick lover so I'm always up for trying a new lipstick, but I am also very picky when it comes to any lipstick making my list.
It was relatively inexpensive, I chose the color 'Hawaiian Smolder' and at just under $10 at CVS, I think it's reasonable. What I like most are the ingredients and I love these health facts - Phthalate-Free, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free, Paraben-Free. It comes in six creamy, full-coverage shades of matte lip color in a modern crayon for truly beautiful lip color. Lightweight moisture for a comfortable, everyday wear formula infused with Shea Butter, Kendi Oil, and Jojoba Oil. It's color that truly cares for your lips. Some more tidbits for your reading pleasure:
• Creamy matte color and moisture-rich wear
• For everyday wear either alone or layered under a Lip Gloss or Lip Shine
• Precise application in a playful form without the hassle and mess of sharpening
• No added flavor or fragrance
• Hydrates and moisturizes lips, leaving them feeling soft and smooth

So I was all dressed up and out for the morning at a 'Gratitude Brunch' to importantly reflect how grateful I feel at this time of year as Thanksgiving is next week. And I myself, am grateful for so much, but one thing on that list is lipstick, I am grateful for how lipstick makes me feel, it makes me feel awesome!



You wind up at the end when you ready for more, just like a regular lipstick but this is in the shape of a crayon.
Burt's Bees Lip Crayon in Hawaiian Smolder.  $10. I bought mine at CVS!
And I love the tamper-free packaging.



Featured Ingredient/s
Shea Butter — Shea Butter helps to hydrate and moisturize dry lips leaving them feeling soft and smooch-worthy smooth.
Enriched with conditioning Jojoba Oil and Kendi Oil, which are chock full of Omega 3 to hydrate and moisturize lips. And don't forget the Shea Butter for an extra dose of moisture.
Ingredients / Ingrédients: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cera carnauba (copernicia cerifera wax, cire de carnauba), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aleurites moluccana seed oil*, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, lecithin, silica, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/- (May contain / Peut contenir): CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77019 (mica), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides) *kendi oil


I feel naked without my lipstick on. I am wearing Hawaiian Smolder.

Here I am after wearing it a few hours. Still subtly there.
There is no fragrance and it survived the morning well. Our lips are busy things and we need a lipstick that will stick with us through the morning. Mine enjoyed a lovely cup of coffee, a yummy glass of Mimosa at the brunch, some delicious snacks and a loving kiss goodbye from my husband! I think it is perfect for a person who is wanting a subtle lipstick that ticks all the boxes in the way of ingredients and philosophy. I would be keen to try their darker/redder tones as that's more my style but this is what they had on the stand at time I purchased.

Got a comment? You know where it goes, down below! Keep on Stylin!

*Disclosure - I am not asked by Burt's Bees or paid to write about this Burt's Bees product. I write whole-heartily from my own free will and experience.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!