Thursday, October 16, 2014

Call me the "Accessories Queen" x


Accessories can work magic on an outfit. It can liven up the most basic of canvas & can also allow you to really have some fun and creativity when dressing. 


Bangles/Bracelets 

Bracelets are also known as an 'arm party', and everyone is invited in my case. As you can see in the picture below, I love to stack and style a bunch together. I like to add a few more bangles in colours and metal tones to match. Adding a watch is another exciting idea. 


Necklaces

Necklaces come in many styles - you have your chunky, delicate, statement, metals, beaded, the list could go on. Necklaces look great with anything from a party dress to a button down shirt to just simply on a plain white tee base. Some rules for wearing a statement necklace (pictured) would be - 
  • Style it with a simple outfit
  • Keep the rest of your jewelry simple (earings),
  • If larger bust then opt for shorter piece so doesn't sit on bust,
  • And lastly, when choosing the statement piece be sure to choose a color that goes with your existing wardrobe.

Shoes

I think a variety of ballet flats can take your wardrobe a long way as well as being completely practical. At least one black, a beige and a colorful pair  are mandatory and if you feel daring, try an animal print as shown in my pictures! My dream pair of flats are a pair of Tory Burch Gold Flats (hint hint)



Lipsticks

Guaranteed, if all you put on was some color on your lips, it will totally turn any frown upside down. Long live my love of lipsticks. Have you read my post on Lipsticks?x

Sunglasses  

I have two completely different types of glasses, but you can have many pairs of sunglasses, whatever takes your fancy. I have my Ray Ban Aviator Metal Sunglasses (approx. $120 www.ray-ban.com) that I adore, but I mostly live in my Coach Natasha Sunglasses (approx. $158 www.coach.com)

Handbags

I love a big bucket bag. But I make sure it's not heavy to start with when it's empty. It's good to also have a great evening bag (pictured middle) that will go with any night time outfit. I chose black and a gold tone as I often only wear gold. The gold strap can be tucked inside the bag to make it easier to carry underarm when I want to feel like I am on the red carpet. My LV bag (pictured left) was a gift to me years ago and I know it cost my present-giver a pretty penny BUT this bag has been practically dragged through the mud and totally held up it's own so I feel it was money well spent. I love my black quilted bucket bag that I bought in Singapore at Charles and Keith www.charleskeith.com about 8 years ago. It's shiny and versatile, what women love!

So Keep on Stylin' my friends and let me know what your favorite accessories are in the comments below! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!