Sunday, September 21, 2014

Skin Care x

I have always been big on skin care. The day I turned 13 in Australia, my mum whisked me off to David Jones (think Nordstrom) and asked the lady at the Clarins counter to educate me on skin care and set me up with whatever was needed to look after my skin. Since then, I have always had a good skin care routine and watched what I put on my face. As I got older, I paid close attention to making sure my products matched three very important things on my  skin care checklist - 

  • paraben free,
  •  recycled packaging 
  • and not tested on animals. 

Regular facials are paramount, and a good facial can be expensive. I can find a  good deal on Groupon www.groupon.com or a small salon. I love the sauna/steam room 2-3 times a week and I know this really helps keep my skin cleansed. 
Two skin care lines I am very familiar with are: 


Josie Maran

I like that the Josie Maran slogan is "Luxury with a Conscience" because it truly lives up to that. I initially started with the 100% Argan Oil that I used under my Origins Day Cream. I always found something under my moisturiser guaranteed me true hydration, a point that was proven at a recent facial where my skin was evaluated under the blue light. The Pure Argan Oil Light was the winner in the Insiders Choice Beauty Awards.  I also love what Josie Maran stands for - "we use pure, Fair Trade Argan Oil, grown and harvested responsibly by co-ops of Moroccan women who earn a living wage. We partner with earth-loving, women-empowering organizations, use eco-friendly packaging"
I love that the Josie Maran Moisturiser is SPF 47, and only a couple of pumps patted on to the face feels amazing.
I got the trial sizes from Sephora (about $24 for all three inc. Oil, Moisturizer and Cleanser) and now I know I am happy to make the larger purchase.

Argan Oil $48, Moisturizer $54, Cleansing Oil $32 (for full sizes)

Origins

I have been a lover of Origins Skin care for about 8 years now and I have used most of their product range. Origins mission - "We use potent plants, organic ingredients and 100% natural essential oils. And our long-standing commitment to protect the planet, its resources and all those who populate it is reaffirmed by our earth and animal friendly practices". I've used all their day creams happily. BUT I love the Origins night cream. It can also be used by men, it's rich enough for their skin.  Apply at night, it feels thick but smells great. The magic happens while you sleep. When you wake up in the morning, you skin feels wonderfully nourished.
Night Cream $41
I adore the Origins body cream, the smell is divine! and it soaks into my skin well.
Body Cream $34 


Daily Cleanser $21
Each morning in the shower I use the Checks and Balances Foaming Face Wash (as does my husband)

One thing I am guilty of (and this was brought up in my skin assessment at my facial) was that I needed to use an eye cream more. My eye cream of choice is....
Eye Cream $43




As with everything in life, you have to choose what works for you. I just hope I gave you some insight into how I have found what works for me. 
Disclaimer:  I am in no way affiliated or paid to write about Origins or Josie Maran, it is purely from my own experience and my own will to share and write about.

Keep on stylin! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!