Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Peace Out 2014 from YummoMummo x

Photo credit 'Hello Am' shop on Etsy.
www.etsy.com

As we turn the corner and head into 2015, I have much excitement for the year ahead. It's going to be   a good one for YummoMummo, I can feel it in my bones. I have an endless blog list and drafts started of some super fun posts that I really hope will entertain, enlighten and inspire you for 2015. YummoMummo started as a journey for myself in the hope to inspire you with my love of Styling.
Styling represents, to me, the chance to have fun and do something that makes me feel good.

I think my styling light got turned on when I had kids. As a Mum (Mom) to three little ones,  I felt I needed to be conscious to give back to myself, and it all started with something as simple as lipstick. And for you, it doesn't' have to be lipstick.  Giving back to yourself could be in many other ways. Either feeding yourself the gift of soaking in the bath with a glass of wine and a good book, sitting in the sunshine with a latte and a gossip magazine, taking a steam in the sauna and using the time to just be completely disconnected from electronics and the ability to talk to anyone,  or making sure you schedule in that pedicure (don't forget the foot massage). So many ideas.

I think the above quote I have included really spoke to me. My YummoMummo journey has been a path of faith, faith in myself. I've felt at times that I have really put myself out there, but I knew that what I was doing was important to me, and I finally let go.  Throughout the past 6 months, I have had so  many messages of encouragement and these have helped me keep going. As I always say in  my posts, I am not a trained photographer or trained in how to pose for photos but it's important to me to be authentic and show you how a real Mum/woman, just like you, can do it. I don't have a budget to work with and this body is typical of one that's blessed me three kids. I'm just like everyone else!

But my point is,  FILL YOUR CUP. No one else but you is going to know if your thirsty and need filling. So make YOU a priority and if you have not, start thinking for 2015 what YOU want to achieve, what's important to YOU!

I would really love to hear from you how I have helped inspire you on the YummoMummo journey. I know some of you started dabbling in Denim on Denim, picked up some Christmas Sweaters or Christmas pajamas, pulled out your lipsticks and bought yourself some fabulous foundation to put under the Christmas tree.


Keep on Styling! Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah from YummoMummo.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!