Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Style on a Budget: Costco for $35 x

This month's Style on a Budget is bought to you from Costco. Over the years, I have found some great outfits in Costco and at the Costco price which just can't be beat. For an item to be sold on Costco shelves, it goes through a gruelling process and only a VERY select few make the cut, so when I am in Costco, it's well worth the look. I have a pair of Yoga pants I purchased over a year ago from Costco shelves and they would have to be hands down one of my most worn items of comfort clothing. I have also spotted the odd stock of NYDJ and you know what a fan I am of NYDJ, they normally retail at $120+ but Ive seen them for $30 so I'll be sure to keep my eye out for them again.

I love this reversible wrap by Ike Behar ($15). One side is a very eye appealing Houndstooth and the reverse side is a beautifully simple jet black, a very versatile piece that is sure to keep you warm and also go with many outfit combinations. On a side note for my fellow Australian crowd - when I see Houndstooth, I always think of David Jones. For my international crowd - David Jones is a department store (similar to Nordstrom) that used a Houndstooth design on their shopping bags, so I get flashbacks with Houndstooth designs. In my photos below, I have paired it with a chambray shirt and then a white tank top underneath.  All photos are with the second half of my style on a budget outfit - Calvin Klein Ponte Pant in the color Cranberry ($20).  What a wonderful color choice for the festive season, Cranberry will take you from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I've paired the outfits with some items I already had in my wardrobe - my Steve Madden boots, Steve Madden knee high speckled Cream knitted socks, and my Old Navy chambray shirt/white tank top. Boom. It's that easy.




I have paired the wrap here with a chambray shirt, if you have read my post/s "Denim on Denim" you will see how a chambray shirt has to make your staples in your closet. You can find a chambray shirt anywhere, so go find the one that works for you! My is an Old Navy purchase a while back, it's worn well.

I live in California and the weather year round is magnifique! So wearing a sleeveless tank top underneath is totally acceptable.




I am wearing a trend this season that I have enjoyed playing with . If you read my post on 'Shark Bite' Sweater, you will see I talked about pairing your boots with knee-high knit socks - very Clueless from the 90's. Here I am wearing some Steve Madden Knit Socks in a speckled cream. Love!
Calvin Klein Ponte Pants in Cranberry (great holiday season color). $20.










Got a comment? You know where it goes, down below! Keep on Stylin!


*Disclosure: I am not a trained photographer nor trained in how to pose for photos, I am just a Mum trying to share some insights and inspiration with you. In being truly authentic to my cause, I have used my own clothes and used myself in the photos whole-heartedly. Enjoy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!